Employee Referral Bonus Program
The purpose of the Employee Referral Bonus Program is to provide an incentive award to current employees who bring new talent to the company by referring applicants who are hired and remain successfully employed.
Eligibility and Participation:
Applicant – Applicants cannot be currently employed by Rocky Mountain Care or any of its subsidiaries. Applicants cannot have worked at any location as agency, contract or volunteers.
Referring Employee – All employees are eligible to receive a referral bonus with the exception of following:
- Directors, Administrators and Executives
- Hiring manager/supervisor or other persons associated with the selection of the candidate
- All HR Department employees
Positions – Positions eligible for this program must be determined by the company to be “hard-to-fill” positions. The following factors should be considered when designating a position as “hard-to-fill”:
- How critical the position is to the company’s operation and mission
- The success of recent efforts to recruit candidates and retain employees in like positions
- The availability in the labor market of well-qualified candidates for employment
- Recent turnover in similar positions
- Special qualifications needed for the position, and
- Other unique factors that demonstrate difficulty in filling the position.
Referral Bonus Amount:
- Referral bonus payments will vary according to position, location, need and availability
- Referral bonuses are paid according to the schedule below, unless otherwise stated
- $300 of referral bonus awarded on the 10th of the month paycheck following 30 days from the hire date
- $300 of referral bonus awarded on the 10th of the month paycheck following 90 days from the hire date
- $400 of referral bonus awarded on the 10th of the month paycheck following 180 days from the hire date
Referral Bonus Program Administration:
The Referral Program operates in accordance with the following program requirements:
- Referral bonuses are awarded at the discretion of management with the VP of the business unit or their designee having final approval authority
- Employees may receive multiple bonuses, the total of which may not exceed $6,000 in any fiscal year
- Funding for the program must come from existing budget resources
- A referral form is required to be submitted by either the applicant at time of hire, or by the referring employee within 3 days of new employee’s start date
- Each location must designate a position as “hard-to-fill” before a candidate is hired
- Both the referred employee and the employee receiving the referral bonus must be employed at the time of payout to receive the bonus
- HR will monitor the use of the Referral Bonus Program and will resolve any discrepancies
- The hiring process will be fair and consistent with the company’s policies and procedures, with no bias for or against candidates whose selection might make another employee eligible for a referral bonus.
Bonus Amounts (effective 02/01/2022):